well temperament defined

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 05:16:20 -0600

Ed,

While we're sort of on the subject of definitions, why is a Victorian
called that?
What makes it different from a "normal" WT? I used Owen's offsets for Bill
Bremmer's EBVT on our early music "guru" at the university recently and he
asked me why it was called a Victorian tuning. I'm sure I should know this
but I don't. Thanks.

Avery