"Puzzlers"

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:12:36 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> Thanks for the positive comments about puzzlers. Now that I don't feel like I will get trounced again for this post, here goes:
>
> I thought I would repost the answer as it appeared Joe did not find it - when I checked my sent messages, I found that I have somehow sent the answer privately to  Dave Foster - I meant to send it to pianotech list. Oops. So now I need to apologize to all that I had NOT offended with the puzzler post, but that I left hanging with no answer!!!
>
> Here is the private post I sent to Dave accidentally:
>
> BINGO!
>
> Only in this case the damper body flies off the wippen spoon, falls back giving a kick, rebound back off the spoon and returns giving another kick, rebounds...........etc., etc. producing a definitive bobble rather than just an extra kick like a damper up-stop rail adjusted too high on a grand.

Not sure of your "answer here" Still seems like a damper stop rail problem to me. The upright and grand dampers are going to neccessarrily "rebound" off the stop rail in different manners.. but you can certainly get the same kind of bobble in a grand if you try. Just adjust the thing way high or remove it all together. Assuming there is not too much weight in the damper levers,
you will get a bobble.

<< Bleep Window >>

--
Richard Brekne