Internet Security, and the war.

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:58:37 -0700

    I subscribe to several computer email newsletters, and the word out
right now is that there is a heightened risk from virii, worms, and Windows
vulnerabilities. On Windows IE, click on Tools, and select windowsupdate to
get the critical patch. Go to your Virus protection provider and see if
there's a new update. I would also suggest checking for an update from your
firewall provider, if you have one.
    I understand that this is necessary due to increased risks that are
occuring at the same time as the outbreak of hositilities in the middle
east.
    Don't mean to be paranoid, it's just that I read about it, checked for
updates, and got three for three. I updated my virus program two days ago,
BTW.
Kevin