FW: Re: Longterm future of piano business

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:32:47 +0100

David Love wrote:

>  Richard: An interesting reaction.  My comments were not meant to cast
> aspersions on you personally, and I don't think I expressed it that
> way.  The original question about the future of the business came from
> someone who, presumably, was considering whether or not to pursue this
> as a career.  The rather strong suggestion you made that the industry
> was going the way of the buffalo and would soon be relegated to a few
> high priced manufacturers and the rest of us having to settle for
> electronic keyboards I found to be exactly as I characterized it.  The
> purpose of my disagreement was so that the party making this inquiry
> would know that there were others who did not share your view and that
> he should not be discouraged if he was motivated to pursue his
> interests in this area.

David, I dont find my assesement to be either cynical or pessimistic.
Far from it really. If the low end piano buisness goes tits up then it
does. If people involved in this buisness have to find something else to
do... then they do. There is nothing pesimistic or cynical about this.
Things pass.... so what ? If they do, we move on to something else, and
its up to us to make the endeavour exciting and challangeing.

So again.... aggree or dissagree with the assesment of the future of
this buisness. But dont attach "values" to my meanings that arent there.
Such attachments really say more about your own feelings on the matter
then mine when it comes down to it.

Cheers

RicB

--