Key Button Replacement

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:55:11 -0800 (PST)

Dear Terry,
    I inquired on this a month ago, and the most
appealing suggestion I got was to lay out a graph
paper grid on a table ( drafting acetate ? ), then
place the key on it so that the front portion lined up
with one of the parallels.
     Then, laying the key button material on top of
the key, and ensuring that one edge of said material
was exactly parallel to its slot configuration, also
line that edge up with the parrallel lines. Tack or
glue in place and trim. If you have a wide table to do
this on, and use the key button stuff in the 8 or ten
button chunks it comes in, by the time you reach the
far end, the glue on the first will have a "death
grip" on the wood and be eady to trim, so my suggestor
said. But I'd use the brads. I'd also  get asmall
light square to hang over the button material's edge,
to make sure said edge is equidistant at all points
from the line on the graph underneath, hence truly
parallel.
    Stay Warm
     Thump
    Thump