The Feel of Voice

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:45:46 -0800 (PST)

Maybe part of what a person who claims they can "feel"
different voicings is experiencing is the
hammershanks' re-contact with wippen at different
velocities depending on hammer firmness. That, and
their own varying exertion to achieve a desired volume
level. These plus different, deeper, more esoteric
stuff, as Sarah suggests. Or the flinching pain of
cringing from an out of tune piano, which somehow
affects one's sense of touch.
     Thump