Longterm future of piano business

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:02:58 +0100

David Love wrote:

>  RB: I disagreed with your opinion "...don't encourage your son to
> become a piano tech unless he's either into a very bohemian life
> style, or intends on becoming one of the few true all around artisians
> in our buisnesss", and your view of the future of the business.   It
> had nothing to do with "values".  I think there is room for a much
> broader potential in the industry and would have no reservations
> encouraging someone who is so inclined.  Commenting on the opinions
> shared on this list is part of what the list is.  It's called
> dialogue.  Look more carefully at your own comments if you are
> concerned with name calling, I'm trying not to.  If you are going to
> offer extreme opinions then you should be prepared to have people
> comment on them.  I think it's enough said on this topic, though,
> don't you?

No actually, not if you insist on throwing in side bar comments, this
time you say "extreme opinions".  If you disagree with something then
fine, but leave insistance to colour others comments a hue that suits
you, and isnt representative of the origionators points of veiw out.
None of that has anything to do with dialouge. If I write similiar
comments I expect to get called on it, and certainly have from time to
time.

Now I think enough is said on this topic.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.