Pictures on the list/Digest

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:39:10 -0600

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 07:26 AM, Farrell wrote:

> ... Some folks have a dial-up connection and downloading one of these
> pictures can freeze up their computer for quite a long period of time...
> Terry Farrell

I am familiar with dial-up connections having operated with a 56K for
years, and yes, it takes longer than a cable modem. But that didn't
curtail my interest in receiving jpegs via Pianotech list. There is a
limit as to the size of jpeg that can be sent on Pianotech. Anything too
large will be rejected for the reason you mention.

If someone is using less than 56K, like 14K or 28K, that definitely
takes what seems like forever. Upgrading modems and/or using a different
server are the only solutions for a better Internet experience if those
speeds exist.

Keith McGavern