OT-Totally, but important

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:17:34 -0600

List,

I didn't know this until today, so all of you single guys/girls (and
others) out there,
be careful!!!

Following is a column in today's Houston Chronicle:

"This is scary."

Lets say you meet somebody in a bar and he or she looks pretty normal. But
let's face it,
there's a chance this person is a complete lunatic. Just ask Robert Blake.
Allegedly.

So you play it safe and give only your first name. At the end of the night,
you scribble your
phone number on a cocktail napkin and say, "call me." You're careful not to
give your
address because that can be risky.

Too late. When you gave your phone number, you also gave your full name,
address and
unbelievably, the quickest directions to your front door.

Thanks, Internet. Click on http://www.google.com  and type in some friends'
home-phone
numbers. Unless the number is unlisted or pretty new, you'll get their full
name, address
and Mapquest directions to their house.

Sometimes you even get their email address, so you really can annoy them.

Advice: If you meet people in a bar, or anywhere else, and you're not 100
percent sure of
them, give your cell-phone or work number. And get your home number unlisted."

I tried it this morning and it really works!

Avery