HT Tests

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:45:50 +0100

Robin Hufford wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
>      Thinking this,  then, if I am correct, you would probably see, absent any kind
> of prompting, that the uninitiated auditors in your study would prefer the less
> tense keys and demonstrate a lessened like for the more tense ones.  Perhaps.

> Regards, Robin Hufford

Hmm... If in general, unitiated auditors display a significant preference thus, and at
the same time display a significant preference for temperaments with variance in key
colour over Equal Temperament.....

Should be relatively easy asscertain that much.

On the otherhand... if such preferences can be established, then how is this of import
nominally to advocate tuners, and of little real value to musicians, or for that mater
listeners, unitiated or otherwise ?

Seems to me that either a thing has significance or it does not. And of course not much
of this seems to have been actively employed by more then a handfull of musicians, so
how can we speak to the possiblities for musical creativity that have not been explored
conciously ?

Cheers
RicB

--