No Power Yamanamas

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:03:54 +0100

I have looked at bedding several times on this one example I have at the
UiB. In the middle section there is defininatly a slight problem and
always has been. And no matter what I do it seems to stay. I wrote on
this a couple years back and we got into a discussion about the hammer
rail flexing.

But bedding specific, the middle section displays some minor tendancy
for neighborhing hammers to jump a bit when a key is played hard. Not
very much mind you. The top two sections show none of this. And the bass
is quite solid as well, tho I have had to adjust the bedding on occasion
to assure that.

Yet the uneveness of that description does not match the eveness of this
lack of power sensation. That is evident over then entire keyboard, and
if it is more pronounced anywhere, it would be in the two top sections
me thinks. It does not seem like the proximity of action brackets has
any affect.

The bedding question is a logical place to look, as is the hammer rail
flexing thing to be sure. Thats part of what makes me scratch my head on
this one. Those things seem well within acceptable tolerances.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.