Mason Hamlin Screwstringer

Classic Touch Ent classictouchent@comcast.net
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:21:24 -0500

Greetings pianotech beings!

I have just acquired an 1896 vintage Mason Hamlin (grand) screwstringer
(God forgive me I just couldn't resist) and will need a source
(assuming there is one) for the tuning 'machines' (the threaded
bolt-end pieces to which the strings are attatched and their attendant
'square-end' nuts)
  Although I don't need as many, I would prefer to have 6-12 each  of
upper,lower, bass, treble machines, as well as combs. I have seen some
restored instruments advertised with new stainless combs and other
parts and am hopeful that I can locate a source, before I go beg my
local machinist to make some. If there really is a God would you please
email possible sources. Thanks. Best,  Rich Olmsted

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 743 bytes