Voicing for sustain: was Downbearing and Tone shaping tool

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:40:45 +0100

For what is worth, I've discovered that an edge  deburring tool used for
metal work is available and can most probably be used for capo shaping. It
is on a small handle, with a guide to follow the sides of the capo.
Two blades allow to deburr, do some have try this kind of hand tool ?

There are also little tools used to deburr the edges of holes or threaded
parts, different shape blade in very hard metal, these blades are perfect
for thinning shanks, cleaning wood, leveling polyester repairs, and so on,
kind of little sharp scrapers, turning on their handle for the holes and
tubes deburr.

I was told to use an iridium rod if the capo is too worn, the friend that
give me that trick is using that also in the Bosendorfer agrafes, as he find
that the rod passing in the agraffes is worn by the strings too much and the
rendering is poor then. So he modify the agrafes changing the rod, says me
it is easy to do.

Best to all
Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.