Breakdown measurements

Nelson. Gene (PWA) nelsong@SacCounty.NET
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:17:45 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F567.18004935
Why don't you buy P-Scale. http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ptools/
<http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ptools/>
An easy to use and understand scaling program with all the colums you need.
Even if you do not rescale you can plot the existing scale and try different
scenarios to see what can be improved - very easily.
Gene Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Roberts [mailto:kpiano@goldrush.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 09:37
To: Pianotech
Subject: Breakdown measurements

    I'm breaking down an old upright, my first. Of course my first problem
is how many columns do I need on my breakdown sheet? Number of rows is
dictated by the number of strings. I have a uni-cord section from 1 to 16.
A bi-cord section from 11 to 33, left and right. Room to write in wound
tri-cords. Certainly if I am just duplicating the original, all I need to
know is what the string makers want, but I would like to have the dimensions
needed by a scalar. Paying a trusted colleague to review and rescale if
necessary should be worth the education. Is it best to record both strung
and unstrung dimensions for winding length and hitch pin to winding length?
I went with the center line of hitch pin and a spot for the hitch pin
diameter and oddities there of. Small loops and big cast iron lugs for hitch
pins may not ever be a problem but I don't want find out.
    So I have speaking length, winding length, hitch pin center line to
winding, core diameter, and overall diameter. Do I need the distance from
the upper or front bridge pin to the hitch pin? What backscale dimension
would the scale designer find necessary? The plate bearing points?
    On the plain tri-cords do I need any more than just the speaking length
and wire size?

Keith Roberts

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F567.18004935
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...