Falsies

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:05:48 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >Is there any truth to the old belief that bringing pitch up in small stages,
> >over time, helps to prevent false beats?
>
> Never heard that one. I can't think of any possible reason that would be
> the case. Pull up to pitch all the way the first time, or not at all - ever.
>

> Ron N

Oh I've heard of it for sure. Tho I am not sure that its true. At least nothing
in my experience tells me that there is anything to this, at least not anything
significant. I think this idea is mentioned in the Reblitz book, tho I am not
sure.

In anycase I've been pulling up as high as 446 or more on a first pass pitch
raises for years and without being able to constertate any false beat relation.

I still like to take such pitch raises in two visits tho. Seems evident to me
that this results in a more stable tuning over a longer perdiod, and gives me
plenty time to take care of other neglected items that often accompany such pitch
raises.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne