Sticking Rep. lever; was Sticking Hammers

Warren Fisher fishwar@earthlink.net
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:37:52 -0600

I ran into an odd one recently.  The key went "click" just before
let-off and then the key hung up in the air and had to be pushed down.
 The hammer worked fine and the wippen did too.  I lifted the adjacent
hammers and watch that sucker do it's thing and I still couldn't get it.
When I lifted the hammer the wippen would fall.
Finally I saw the problem.  The wippen had been refelted and the little
felt at the upper end of the jack slot was sticking up too high and had
hard glue on the part that was sticking up.  The drop-off adjuster would
slide over the top of the felt and drop down behind it and the glue
would hold it there!!
Boy, I wish these things would quit surprising me.  You'd think that
after 30 years I would have found most of their tricks! :-)  What'cha think?
Warren

--
Warren Fisher- RPT Retired, Navy Retired, Slidell, Louisiana