Baldwin butt/backcheck recovering kit, was synthetic leather wear, fuzz

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 14:21:41 EST

In a message dated 3/29/03 10:47:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu writes:

> The "kit" was only a package of precut material and a small bottle of super
> glue.  It may or may not still be available.  It was not, however, designed
> to be placed over top of the old corfam.  I did hundreds of these birds
> while I was at Baldwin and later.  The corfam is usually very easy to pop
> out of the butt.  The catcher was a little trickier but not bad.
>

> Putting the new material (I can't for the life of me remember it's name)
> over the corfam would really goof with regulation.  If Baldwin doesn't
> provide the kit anymore, I have a few stashed away that I could give you.
>  I would also be happy to provide more detailed instructions and a few
> tricks I picked up if you like.

Thanks, Chris.  I'll talk to my friend, talk to the store she bought the
instrument from, and figure out who's going to be the responsible party and
go from there.  I'll keep your e-mail address.

Thanks again,

Dave Stahl