client info on the pocket pc

Carol Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:51:19 -0500

I really like HanDBase for Pocket PC.  I bought it online at
www.ddhsoftware.com for $39.99.  You can buy a version for $10 cheaper, but
this version syncs with Windows.  I use FileMaker Pro 4.0 on my desktop PC,
so all I had to do was export the data to a .csv file and import it to
HanDBase.  You can create a form on your desktop and put it on the pocket
PC.  While you are in the field (using Pocket RCT) you can update your
records; when you get home and recharge the thing in the cradle, it can sync
your records between the two computers.  You don't need to type a thing!  If
you are currently running FileMakerPro on a Mac, it syncs automatically.
HanDBase can also sync automatically with Access for another $20.

Of course, if all you want is to have client info in the field, and not
worry about on-the-scene data update, for free you can import any .csv file
into Excel, which comes free with the Pocket PC.

Carol Beigel, RPT