OT-Computer clock

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:06:10 -0700

This works, but the XP version of the app doesn't synchronize frequently
enough for someone who's clock is losing time daily.

There could be a software conflict going on somewhere that's causing you
to lose time, or as already mentioned, a motherboard/CMOS battery
problem.  You don't want that battery to fail btw.

There is another Atomic Clock Sync program which is freeware found at
worldtimesaver.com  I've used many of them on many different boxes, and
this one seems to use few system resources in the background, doesn't
install spyware, and allows for pinging of the time server with a simple
click.  It can also be set to ping daily (Which XP won't do).

Hope that helps a bit :)

Jonathan Finger RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Jason Kanter
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 6:19 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: OT-Computer clock

In most operating systems, there is a command somewhere in the date &
time settings to synchronize your clock to some web-based source. That's
what you want to do. On XP, you can right-click on the time displayed at
the bottom right of your screen, and select the "Adjust Date/Time"
command. The resulting dialog has an "Internet Time" tab, where you can
set this. Mine synchs with time.windows.com.
.  jason kanter . jason.kanter@wamu.net . jkanter@rollingball.com
.  vp/manager . learning & performance development
.  consumer loan servicing . washington mutual bank
.  office 206 490 6708 . cell 425 830 1561