Pocket PC

Dave Foster foster29@earthlink.net
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:11:51 -0500

MessageWell, the PDA of choice is still being researched extensively by
myself.  I've done alot of comparison shopping of PDA's and I'm still
looking.  But that's really isn't the issue.  So far, I've heard a lot about
RCT and Tunelab.  Many more poeple seem to prefer RCT, though.  I can only
imagine that it is going to be a slightly better program then TuneLab
because of it's userablity, functionality, and price.  But is the price
difference REALLY worth it?  If I'm able to get a good, stable pitch-raise
from TuneLab that is pretty much indifferent from RCT's pitch-raise then why
spend the extra money.  I've been tuning about 4 years and I've established
a pretty good aural routine that I like.  I really just want the ETD to help
with pitch-raises and hard-to-hear tonality.  I'm not really looking to
change my way of tuning, at least not yet.  So, again, is the extra money
for RCT really worth it?

Dave Foster

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeannie Grassi
  To: 'Dave Foster' ; 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 12:01 PM
  Subject: RE: Pocket PC

  Dave,
  In my opinion there is no comparison.  RCT is by far the way to go!  You
won't regret it.  Dell is offering really great deals on their PDAs right
now.  I don't know how long they will have such good prices.

  jeannie

  Jeannie Grassi, RPT
  Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
  mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net