Relevant OT (?) was - Computer clock

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:21:01 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> At 9:25 PM -0700 3/30/03, Kevin E. Ramsey wrote:
> >No Alan. But one thing that you can be concerned about is the loss
> >of the ability to do things manually. For instance, what happens
> >when the GPS system goes down?  How many pilot/navigators can
> >actually plot a course with a sextant?  Or how many people can do
> >advanced math without calculators???
> >      Scary, when you think about it.....
>
> Dare we add to that list tuning hammers and ETDs? <g>

Oh yes..... definantly. No need for any selectivity there :) While we
are at it, we can also include artificial pianists and pianos. Pretty
soon we will be able to ..... what.... read record grooves for something
to keep us busy ??  Or perhaps Kurt was just kidding us :)

RicB

"Each new day brings added meaning to the concept of brotherly love"

Alfred Newberry in, "The Orange Left Hand"

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.