Key Leads and Inertia

Thu, 01 May 2003 23:53:44 +0200

Ok guys..

Now I could admitedly be misunderstanding something here. But I just ran an
applet that deals with what looks to be a pretty similiar problem situation.
And the results are this

100 grams force pulling on a horizontal rotation platform where in the
following weights were pulled around at half way out on the platform and all
the way out on the platform

half way  500 grams  acelleration 1.3915 ms^2

all the way out 250 grams acelleration 1.1819 ms^2

This all seems like really close to our action situation where point mass
corresponds to a lead weight, and the platform is our key. Looks to me that
more mass closer to the center acellerates faster.

Check it yourself

http://www.explorescience.com/activities/Activity_page.cfm?ActivityID=28

Cheers

RicB