Key Leads and Inertia

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 17:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

Frankly, I think that some extrudeed, lightweight
aluminum key, basically a shell buttressed with
reinforcement along stress lines to stiffen it, would
be FAR better than the 16th Century technology we are
dealing with!  And it should be hinged on a lateral
pin ( at the bottom, on a pivotable plate ) to
eliminate all "wobble". And weights ( not poisonous
leads, either! )  could be affixed to the inside with
bolts and lock washers along an adjustable track for
exact balance.
     Thump