Estonia Pianos

Sun, 4 May 2003 07:33:23 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: VOCE88@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: May 04, 2003 6:39 AM
  Subject: Re: Estonia Pianos

  In a message dated 5/4/2003 1:39:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, =
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

    To quote someone you know very well, (no, I won't reveal who): "They =
make
    them cheap enough, so's you could afford to completely =
rebuild/redesign it".
    <G>
    Best Regards,
    Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

  Hi Joe,

  You need to see these pianos again. The new product is a vast =
improvement over even just a few years ago. I have never seen a piano =
product improve the way the way Estonia has (including the Chinese)

  my 2 cents,

  Richard Galassini
  Cunningham Piano Co.
  Philadelphia, Pa.=20

I have to agree. The first time I saw these pianos at a NAMM show in the =
late 1980s or early 1990s I thought with a good rebuilding (including a =
new board and bridges and a lot of action work) they might be good =
pianos.=20

I've had the opportunity to examine them closely several times since =
then. Their build quality has improved dramatically over the years. If =
the various Chinese pianos I've been involved with over the same period =
of time had kept pace, Yamaha would be out of business.

Del