Muting a grand

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 13:26:12 -0400

Hi Alan,

> Wow, Sarah, you are very knowledgeable about this stuff.

Vibration isolation and sound attenuation consumed a great deal of my time,
effort, and mental energy during my graduate research.  There are more
exotic solutions than I suggested (e.g. marble or concrete platforms and
active vibration compensation using seismic detectors and quartz stack
actuators), but nothing that mere mortals can afford.

> Frankly, though, it sounds like it would be easier to move! <G>

Probably... but sometimes ya' gots ta be where ya' gots ta be.

Peace,
Sarah