Unusual rib structure?

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 14:19:28 -0400

Hi Terry,

> Hello Sarah. I service two Wissners and both have extra braces like yours.
One, a smaller Wissner, also has some metal bracing attached to the big
wooden frames. They really are well built pianos. I don't know what the
purpose of the braces is. Do you have a WS&G action?

Cool!  What an interesting feature!

The original action in the piano was a Nickels (? -- don't know the exact
name, and the logo is smudged).  I have no idea what the replacement action
is.  How would I tell?  There are no markings.

Peace,
Sarah