Unusual rib structure?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 03:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

Del,
     Maybe its also there because a rim makes a better
rib termination point/support/buttress than a
relatively flimsy cutoff bar. One can assume that
there is tremendous compressive stress on a rib,
end-to-end, on a loaded board, non?
     ( Especialy on a compression crowned board. )
     Cheers,
     Thump

--- Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>