Piano Volume

Classic Touch Ent classictouchent@comcast.net
Thu, 08 May 2003 12:35:00 -0400

Hi jack,

I'm curious. What does lid closed mean exactly in your application?Does
the pianist use the music desk? Does the pianist have the music desk
out of the piano setting on the completely closed cover? or is the desk
installed with the 'short lid' open?
         I keep the music desk sitting on the completely closed cover of
my Mason CC. If I need a little more direct feedback (when doing
ensemble work) for me, (but don't want to overwhelm the mix)I place a
pair of tuning mutes/wedges under the 'short lid'(each about a foot
from the ends).

Rich Olmsted
On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 06:44 AM, Keith McGavern wrote:

> At 10:20 PM -0700 5/7/03, Jack Houweling wrote:
>
> does having the lid open or closed affect the quality of sound?
>

> Having the lid in different positions definitely affects the essential
> character of the sound perceived, both for the player and listener.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 990 bytes