Bad Business practices/venting

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 12:58:08 EDT

In a message dated 09/05/03 10:28:39 AM, Piannaman@aol.com writes:

<< Taking money from both ends of a deal strikes me as being
slightly sleazy.    It comes down to a question of "who do you represent:"
dealer or client? >>

Dave;
 I have to completely agree with you here. Working for 'both' parties is a
huge conflict of interest..period. We should charge our customer for all
inspections in store or in home but not be indebted to any store for
commission at the same time with the same customer. I have, on occasion, run
into a piano in a store that was particularly suitable for a particular
client/customer and on those occasions where the client/customer bought the
piano on my advice I freely accepted commission from that store.
 To accept both commision and customer fee places us in to an undefendable
position...after all...... our reputation is worth many, many more dollars
than a one time double fee...
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)