Bedevilled by a Baldwin yet again

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 10:45:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/03 7:34:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> You likely already looked, but are the butt felt squares (where the jack
> rests upon return under butt) missing or hard?

I looked to see if they were missing, which they weren't.  It doesn't sound
like a glue sound.  I will check for glue spillage, though.  The shank to
butt assembly gluing was pretty sloppy.  They could have glued a whole other
set of shanks with the leftovers I see in there.

I should have mentioned that the noise really only occurs on a firmer blow to
the key.

Thanks,

Dave

As we all know, sound from pianos are usually deceptive.