Tuning discounts

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 22:35:18 EDT

Phil,

I give a discount to anyone who doesn't own a Baldwin(just kidding, they've
been hurting me lately...).

Seriously, the stores I do work for get special rates.  I give discounts to
the schools I work for--25% off--if I can do multiple pianos at a time.  I
will give discounts to some of the more needy students of those schools, but
only 10% off.  Teachers will get discounts if they give me referrals, but the
referrals have to come first.

Having no particular religious affiliation, coupled with the fact that most
of the churches in my area are rather well-off, I don't give discounts there.

Friends pay 60% and dinner.  Family tunings are so few and far between, I
don't charge for them.  Just dinner, and they have to listen to me talk
pianos for the whole time that I'm there.  Try to get 'em interested, you
know!

Ex-wives pay 200%, plus travel time, plus hazardous duty pay.  Potential
girlfriends...well, I won't go there.

Dave Stahl