Wurzen felt

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Mon, 12 May 2003 02:50:12 -0700

John,
     How could you be so careless?  You didn't move the bridge around or change
the scale?  Why didn't you redesign it?  Think what is happening!  Heaven forbid,
it might actually sound like a Steinway, and be beautiful at that,  - how could
you have thought they had a piano worthy of emulation with all of their
deficiencies?   I know, certainly,  you would have corrected the crippling
backscales lengths if you could just have found the money for a new grinder -
think, how much better it might have been - even if people think so we know it
doesn't sound good, don't we?  What an opportunity lost.  Then the rib placements
and the cut-off bar- didn't you know that Steinway has never even used one on a
grand and that the ribs are hopeless?  Now look what has happened -     People
are actually creating the illusion in their minds that they like it just so they
can avoid facing its real flaws, not taking responsibility for themselves,  and,
heaven again forbid, having a new thoughts!  Surely, you must feel guilty for
doing this to them.  I certainly hope so. If you would just turn to "modern"
methods you could get a piano that people would not only have the illusion they
like, but, guess what, pay you over a billion dollars each to hear!
Regards, Robin Hufford