Rear Duplex Bars on Steinways:

Mon, 12 May 2003 15:37:07 -0700

John:

I would not disagree with these criteria at all.   The definition of what
constitutes a problem, however, is something on which reasonable people
might reasonably disagree.  For example, that you are able to cover up
scaling problems with judicious voicing is not necessarily a reason to
dismiss rescaling as another option, is it?  My impression from reading
your previous posts on the subject was that you felt there was no reason
that Steinway belly designs and/or scaling should be modified, even
slightly.  Am I correct in that impression?  Or am I misreading you.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net