No Power Yamaha revisited

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:54:33 +0000

Ok, so it's the hammer rail.  Especially if you can see the thing
bending..... How about the set-screw from the rail to the pinblock idea that
I've seen on some other pianos?  Hmmmmm, some angle iron way to stiffen the
whole rail?  CA impregnated Wurzen felt? oh, wait, I'm getting off topic,
sorry!

Ron Koval

Thats my guess as well, and you can see the thing bending. I checked on some
other pianos and found that a Young Chang does nearly the same when you hold
the
hammer down... a bit stiffer tho... and it doesnt have the same problem with
play. A Bohemia and my giant Petrof dont respond this way at all. Hold the
hammer in place and press the key and all is dead stable... sigh.. and just
when
I was beginning to hate Petrofs again.. :)

Question is... assuming its the hammer rail... what to do about it ? Any
good
suggestions ?