Science Marches On !! DOT

Thu, 15 May 2003 08:48:25 +0200

Kent Swafford wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 05:00  PM, Richard Brekne wrote:
>
> > Big headlines in the paper the other day, tho Definantly Off Topic
>
> Did you mean defiantly, or definitely?   :)

Er... uh... YES !! :)

> > Statistical science shows its creative genius once again !
> >
> > It is now conclusive... non smokers cost societies around the world
> > roughly 6 times the amount of health dollars as smokers do.
>
> This is hardly new. Smoking doesn't make people sick; it simply kills
> them.
>
> Kent Swafford

I know. But what is new is that it has evidently just dawned on
politicians that it costs far more to succesfully discourage smoking. And
you know politicans... :)   witness the current game going on in Texas.

Anyways... it will be interesting to see what our health policy makers
decide to do to "cut costs" as it were.

Cheers!
RicB....  a non smoker for 2.5 years now... and very glad about it !

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.