ca glue as pin tightener - idiots guide please

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 05:08:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have used up to 8 ounces on an old upright, 20
ounces on an 8' Bechstein with a split in the pinblock
big enough to poke a pencil into ( We all watched
"Titanic" and poured more in the crack every 1/2 hour
).
     I have had excellent results on all of these, and
have never had apin so tight that it sheared off. But
I have seen the stuff well up around the plate screws
and fill the slots, which makes me wonder about
dismantling one of these patients in the future, for
rebuilding.
     Thump