Aeolian crap

Fri, 16 May 2003 09:01:32 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 16, 2003 5:24 AM
Subject: Aeolian crap

> Yes, Del,
>      Aeolian's later stuff is utter crap. But let us
> not forget that prior to 1930 they made Webers,
> Stecks, and Strouds, and put those beautifully built
> player systems into Steinways. All of it top-notch
> stuff " 'way back when"!
>      Thump

Yes, and they also built some decent Chickerings, Mason & Hamlins and
Knabes. All in their original factories.

But we were discussing the "Henry F Miller" pianos of the 1960s. These, and
most of the other mis-labeled junk coming out of the Memphis factory bore
no resemblance whatsoever to the original instruments.

Del