Off topic-vibration

Classic Touch Ent classictouchent@comcast.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 21:30:43 -0400

Dear list beings,

I was reminded today of an experience which some of you might want to
check out. It's an 'unconventional'  type of massage based on gentle
rocking motions of 'isolated' parts of the body. The method ( Traeger
massage) was developed by Malcolm Traeger who believed that we are all
born in a state of internal vibration and flexibility which we lose
over time by 'reigning in' (among other things) the way we carry our
bodies. The Traeger therapist gently rocks various body parts in
succession, briefly pausing in between the rocking intervals. During
the pauses the 'subject' experiences a 'sympatico' vibration (even
though the rocking motion has stopped) which tends to intensify as the
session progresses and which I can only describe as feeling like
becoming a human 'tuning fork'.

My session always leaves me very relaxed and yet 'stimulated' or
'alert'.  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Since the people on 'the list' are daily focused on issues relating to
the transmission of vibrations I thought you might like to know.

...and no, I am not a Traeger therapist (nor married to, nor related
to, nor trying to drum up business for one).

Best, Rich Olmsted