self tuning piano description

Classic Touch Ent classictouchent@comcast.net
Sun, 18 May 2003 16:59:13 -0400

Clever idea.

I guess it presumes that the piano will be open when we are playing or
that the 250 watts that 'drive' the 95 degree F strings will not build
a heat 'ballast' within a closed piano.
Will reflected heat or radiant heat be a factor?  Will the heat
continuously affect moisture content of the air on one side of the
board?
  Sounds like we're (at least for now) locked into a single temperament
tuning, too.
Very interestingk!

Rich Olmsted