Aftertouch, WAS Re: Action Geometry Consistency

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sun, 18 May 2003 18:53:44 -0400

>At 3:01 PM -0500 5/16/03, Avery Todd wrote:
>>Bill,
>>
>>I don't understand this. The aftertouch is "part" of the dip. It
>>sounds like you're regulating
>>them independently!
>
>I sure am. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread (and I can
>support that claim <g>)

No, I'm not. While I may rough in dip earlier in the regulation or
rebuilding, when I do aftertouch, it's using he same FR punchings
which help to define dip. Aftertouch is set and dip doesn't get
corrected. (In my approach, why should it.) The regulating is
independent to the extent that dip and aftertouch are set at two
separate times, thew priority given to aftertouch means that, while
aftertouch is not dependant on dip, what dip ends up being depends on
the regulation of aftertouch.

I can still support the claim that this is the greatest thing since
sliced bread.

Thanks, everyone, for not reading this post too closely.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A jester unemployed is nobody's fool."
     ...........Danny Kaye, in "The Court Jester"