piano appraisal

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 17:18:51 -0400

Terry,

There were some uprights made in such a way and with a mechanism that would shift the entire keyboard to the right or the left, making it possible to play up to two half-steps higher
and lower than in the "home" position.  I think they are referred to as transposing keyboards.  Pretty cool, actually.

Regards,
Clyde