Letoff rack needed

Wed, 21 May 2003 06:08:25 -0500

Peter,

>Bill makes, in my opinion, well thought-out tech tools. I personally don't
>own one of his let-off devides, but if it's a Spurlock, then rest assured
>it's well-made and well thought out.
>
>I still use the Jaras let-off tool myself, but I have a few Spurlock tools,
>and they're all good for their intended design.
>
>..I haven't been on a tool-buying spree in awhile..maybe....................!
>
>-Phil Bondi (Fl.)

Ditto the Rook's assessment of Spurlock tools, and I, too, am still using
the Jaras 5 in 1.

It seems to me that concerns of time and money were expressed in the
original post on this subject (long since deleted from my computer).  The
absolutely cheapest method is to make your own.   Many years ago, in a land
far, far away, I made one before getting a store bought one.  While crude
looking, it does work.   Assuming you have a band (or even a coping) saw,
all you need is about an 18" square of 1/2" plywood and miscellaneous
screws, nuts and bolts - many of which you probably already have salvaged
from old pianos.

{Yes, I _am_ part Scot.) ;-}

YMMV

Conrad Hoffsommer