Bechstein Soundboard replacement

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 22 May 2003 01:48:50 +0200

Hello,

There are SB Buttons on any Bechstein I see, on other brands this seem
to be part of what is called "tropicalization" - or an intention to
protect the ribs from ungluing.

On an other matter, it seem that different Bechstein model have
different kind of ribbings, some flat ribs, other curved ones,mod  C
boards where glued on pre crowned ribs, while the B are on straight
ribs, if that make sense to someone please tell us so.

The underside of the bridge also is sometime curved, sometime no,
depending of the model...
Go figure !

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.