Lost my head

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:51:29 -0700

Well, Ron's idea would be my first choice, but if you have to try some =
kind of CA glue,  Cypox is the only one that I've found that will =
actually work on one of those type breaks.
Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:44 AM
  Subject: Re: Lost my head

  In a message dated 5/21/03 9:42:28 AM Central Daylight Time, =
tune4u@earthlink.net writes:

    Questions:

      1) This is just a simple system with a threaded shaft holding the =
prop
    rail, one nut under it and the round prop nut above it. How can I =
keep that
    lower nut from moving, short of gluing it to the screw?

  If the two are tightened together, they should hold. That is the way =
it was designed.=20

      2) Not having a replacement shaft (has Brambach-style knuckle), =
how would
    y'all go about fixing this head? Would like to avoid the "sewing =
thread
    splint with giant blob of epoxy" fix that I've seen in other pianos!

    Alan Barnard
    Salem, MO

  Actually, for this kind of piano, a glob of super glue is an =
acceptable repair on this, ev
    en without the sweing thread.

  Wim=20