HOLD THE PHONE CENTRAL.... something very wrong

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 22 May 2003 09:43:48 -0700

OKAY, CLARIFY FOR ME...
Something beyond weird just happened...

This morning I just downloaded my e-mail.   Including was a barrage of =
nasty grams.  All of these were addressed as being sent from pianotech.  =
Most were from a specific person on the list who I will not mention to =
protect the potentially innocent.  Coupled with that were duplicates =
galore of messages that I had posted long ago but never "re-sent" to the =
list at any time.  As I'm reading these the re-sent messages along with =
today's messages magically disappeared out of my in-box before my eyes.  =
I checked the out box, sent box, inbox repeatedly and ALL of them are =
gone!  I only got to actually a couple of them before this happened.

Something very wrong here.  Either someone on the list is looking for =
trouble or my computer and/or network is seriously screwed.  I have a =
little program that searches for files deleted from the recycle bin, =
(i.e. directories erased from the HD), and it wasn't able to locate them =
either.  It's as if they never existed.  Am I going crazy?

Can someone please confirm- did everyone else receive dozens of past =
e-mails from me, if so did they magically disappear later, and if not =
then who is being a tooner-pooper?  I sent no repeat messages, my last =
was a couple days ago regarding the model number location on a Conover =
grand.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV