HOLD THE PHONE CENTRAL.... something very wrong

Thu, 22 May 2003 20:42:13 +0200

Robert

What kind of a connection to the internett do you have ? If you are
connected all the time, then perhaps you've been raided and somebody is
playing a very nasty trick on you. Probably quite beyond the mental
proweress of the average piano tech as well I might add. I think you
have to be under 17 years old, wear funny glasses, and eat some of those
new fangeled drugs to qualify for that club.

If you have a ring up connection, then I would look a bit closer to home
for your answer. Somebody who has physical access to your machine.

All that being said. I have had a few strange notes sent to me and <<
from me >> with very authentic PTG addresses included. I even got a
failed delivery notice from my service provider for a note I didnt send
and a return note from the PTG list rejecting a note sent from my
broadpark address that I never sent. Both of these had a known virus
attached it seems.

Anyways... firewalls....   ZoneLab is a good one. Make sure your virus
control softeware is up to date, dont leave your machine on if you are
away for more then a short time, good puter maintanance otherwise....
dont store any important passwords on your hard disk.... you know the
rest.... more you cant do.

Cheers

RicB

--