Pleyel Grand with warped front rail.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 23 May 2003 20:49:53 +0200

Hello ,
A trick to have an easier bedding time of the (flat underside) front
rail, is to make a small 1/2 ' large lip with an electric plane (and
blades you don't fear about)a few - 2 mm deep is enough.

Often the keybed is warping on these instruments, you could consider
checking it also, it can be planed by hand and you will have less
corection on the key frame then.

If working on the keys (bushings) put them together clamped (from the
sides or any solution you like, while drying, these keys warp a lot
under moisture.

A good wodden rack with some holes right and left to install tuning
pins to hold wood wedges that press the keys together is easy to make,
and can help for polishing the ivories also.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy