No Power Yamaha Experiment.

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 25 May 2003 14:43:17 -0600

>  Its really quite amazing the difference in
>play/sound/power you can achieve by adjusting up or down these glide
>bolts. And
>there seems to be a certain range of settings withing what is acceptable solid
>bedding. Obvioiusly I have a new play tool :)
>Richard Brekne

Hi ric,
            I think the best place for most practical reasons, is mid point
between just bedded and just starting to move the front rail.
This gives a good safety margin for humidity swings.   For performance
regulation, then, I will continue to push the window.
I have always been anally retentive with bedding, but this thread has got
me re thinking with regards to soft wood frames.

I know that Leroy is aware of all the variables in this area,  but when
teaching a class you have to come up with a standard that will work for
almost every one.
Tech's are often looking for a simple magic bullet to cure all ill's.   If
you find one let me know.  No Black and White answers in this
business,  just a lot of passion.

What I do day to day, and what I will teach, and preach, is often very
different.  The old adage, "A little knowledge is very dangerous thing." is
very true.

Regards Roger