NPT

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 02:58:38 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robin Olson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 1:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Ahmad Jamal

      This is way off topic,but what does NPT stand for?Or NRP for that=20
  matter.
                                                Robin Olson RPT

      Well, one thing NPT stands for is National Pipe Thread, a standard =
for threads on pipe, as opposed to threads on machine screws, which are =
either metric or S.A.E.  (Society of Automotive Engineers).  The S.A.E. =
standards specify the various sizes of bolts, nuts, threads per inch, =
etc.  Pianos, of course, have mostly wood screws, but there are a few =
machine screws.  I can't think of any instances where we'd run into pipe =
thread, except possibly on tuning lever tips.  Oh, and of course, pipe =
clamps.
      NRP -- I don't know.  Non-registered parameters?  Not raised to =
pitch?  No real purpose?  Newly re-whatevered piano? =20
      --David Nereson, RPT    =20