Comrades ...

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 17:15:16 -0400

----- To: Pianotech
Subject: Comrades ...

... what is meaning, please, of "schraffed bass strings."

They cost more: Why? Are they worth it and, if so, for what pianos?

Now, a toughie: I've always ordered from Mapes and have no complaints.
If
others have favorite strings/suppliers, it would be nice to hear which
and
why.

Thanks,

Alan R. Barnard

Alan
	This is a one set experience, but I'll vote for Sanderson in
Littleton Ma.
	Mapes has always been very accommodating and their turn around
time for single strings is excellent, but I was very happy with my first
Sanderson set.---NO TWISTING !
	Tom Driscoll RPT